“THE GRANDSTAND 7-STOREYS” DOWNHILL MANIA NEW YEAR’S EVE, 2021
New Year’s Eve Urban Downhill Race
Race Format – Mountain Bike Downhill Time Trial (Max. no of participants 150)
- Staging from outside The Grandstand, to the right of the North carpark
- In line with SportSG guidelines, race is for 1 individual rider at a time with 30 second intervals between each participant, thus no overtaking or mixing
- Race route consists of stairwells and hallways from 7th floor of The Grandstand to the ground floor foyer
- Estimated lap time from 7th floor to ground floor is approximately 3 minutes
- 8 marshallers will be spread out at key locations to assist with participant safety and direction and 4 admin personnel at the Start and Finish
- There will only be a maximum of 35 riders per category, thus keeping total group size well under 50 pax including marshallers and admin personnel
- Athletes and any others to keep masks on at all times except when warming up / racing / drinking
- Once their session ends, athletes leave facility immediately
- Race will commence after most shops have closed
- SD Lead will be outside facility getting people organised and checking vaccination status before they come to registration desk
- Only vaccinated individuals will be allowed to participate
- All participants must test negative on their “ART Test” within 24hrs of the race
- Mask wearing and safe-distancing will be enforced without exception
- Checking-in via SafeEntry “Trace Together” mobile app or tapping their token/mobile on the gateway “SafeEntry” box
- All staff will also do “ART Test” as well as be fully-vaccinated
- Participants will have a sanitised race pack to pick up consisting of:
- 2 x Bib/Bike number for easy identification from afar
- Anyone not on the “Start List”, will be denied entry into the area with exception of SD Ambassadors, Race Officials, Admin, SportSG and Ambulance Team
- Team tents will have a limit of 5 pax and all must be vaccinated + negative ART
Please check through the frequently asked questions below. If you can’t find the answer you’re most welcome to drop us a question here.
Q: Will the Races be Timed?
Q: Will there be Course Marshals?
A: Yes the course will be marked and there will be Marshals
Q: How do I collect my Race Bib?
A: Please be at the Centaurs Sports Park with plenty of time to do your safe entry, in the time window published, sign-in and pick up your race number.
Q: Will there be aid stations?
Q: Can I cancel my booking once entered?
A: No, once paid, your entry is confirmed and nontransferable. The time trial nature of the event requires a lot of work to create seeded groups, to minimize passing within the trail so as such, it is difficult for us to manage transfers. No-shows will simply be recorded as a DNS(Did Not Start).
Q: Are there medals for every race category, both male and female?
Q: How can I warm up before my race?
A: Please use the surrounding roads of Turf City and take caution to ensure you are back in time for your start time. It is advisable to do your main warm-up before safe entry. Once you are in the “holding area”, you can stretch, limber up on the spot only.
Q: Do you have medics on hand in case of emergency?
A: Yes we have a full medical team stationed at the event and ambulances on standby.
Q: Can I practice riding on the course?
A: No, not for this race sorry
Q: I’d like to help out (volunteer) on the day – is that possible?
A: Absolutely -possible, depending on Phase restrictions. We always need help running these events. Please drop us a message here.