We are reinstating the Season Team Championship, planned for last year but interrupted by a nasty virus.
The below outlines how team points will be allocated. Teams will collect points for the 5 best (adjusted) scores per race day.
We hope this gives many teams a chance, encourages diversity and also encourages riders to move into “harder” categories where more points are available.
Please note important rules:
- Unless there is a separate gender division (like Open Elite), then the placings will be an overall basis i.e. regardless of whether the rider is male or female
- For any race category that has 4 or fewer starters, the points value will be 50% of the table value. e.g. only 4 race in Veterans then the winner will earn 23 not 46
- For any race category that has 5-8 starters, the points value will be 80% of the table value. e.g. only 6 race in Veterans then the winner will earn 37 not 46
- If a rider previously had no team and then joins a team, the previous results will not count towards that team’s total
- A rider’s points will count race by race – whether they change categories or not – the points are kept at a team level
- All rulings are at the discretion of Cycosports. This a friendly contest, so let’s try to keep it that way please!